Residential fire in Titusville

Submitted Tue, 12/18/2012 - 7:47am by Andy Alm

TITUSVILLE – Fire crews were called out to 517 West Central Avenue in Titusville early this morning, where officials say a home was seriously damaged.  The fire was reported to Crawford County Dispatch at 12:30 this morning.  The two-story wood frame home sustained heavy damage to the first floor, with damage extending into the second floor as well.

Titusville Fire Chief Joe Crotty says all occupants of the home managed to escape uninjured. Crotty says the cause appears to be a natural gas explosion inside a furnace.  And he says crews were able to get the fire under control within about 25 minutes.

Titusville Fire Department was assisted by volunteers from Hydetown, Pleasantville, and Cherrytree.

www.palive365.com.