WUZZ Line 1-800-397-9633

Fire guts Vernon Township home

Submitted Thu, 10/03/2013 - 9:10am by Andy Alm

VERNON TWP. — A grease fire gutted a Vernon Township home Wednesday.  Authorities say the fire was called in at around 11:20 a.m. at the home of Jim and Jennifer Rough.  Their son Kyle Rough was cooking fried chicken in the kitchen when a grease fire got out of control.

Rough was the only one home at the time.  He managed to escape without injury along with the family’s five cats and two dogs.

The State Police Fire Marshal ruled the cause accidental.  Crews were on the scene for about four hours.