WUZZ Line 1-800-397-9633

Dogs dead, no human injuries in Arch Street fire

Submitted Fri, 03/28/2014 - 7:43am by Andy Alm

MEADVILLE – A couple’s lives were turned upside down in an early morning fire in Meadville.

The fire was called in shortly before 6:00 this morning at the home of Brook Lamp and John Hines, at 409 Arch Street.

“I woke up this morning, opened my door to my five-year-old screaming, opened my door to a black cloud of smoke, and at the bottom of my stairs, there were flames,” Lamp told Forever Broadcasting this morning.

“I grabbed my babies, my fiance grabbed our babies, and we basically threw them through the wall of fire and ran out of the house.”

Lamp tells us she suspects a heater that was left on in an upstairs bedroom was to blame for the fire.  She says she had no insurance and she and Mr. Hines had just moved into the property.

The fire continues to smolder and fire crews were too busy to answer any immediate questions about the extent of damage.

All human occupants made it out without significant injuries however we’re told two dogs were left behind and likely died in the flames.

Tags: